Monday 22 September 2008

Agility Weekend




The weather was very kind to us, in fact I was even able to top up my tan yesterday afternoon!! Maisy and Dylan had a brilliant weekend, Maisy although no clear rounds is really starting to listen, loads more work on her weaves required but as soon as we have that sussed i think we might be getting there, out of 6 runs I was only completely out of control once!! and in the 1 to 7 jumping the judge saw fit to include a lovely gate and wall which Maisy took in her stride. Dylan and Amy had a few ups and downs, the most tricky course of the weekend they were fantastic, if Dylan had not overshot the weave entrance he would have had a place I'm sure. I still think sometimes Dylan forgets why he's there!! I guess thats the spaniel in him, his head goes up and his mind wanders just for long enough to miss a command - but having fun is still the name of the game, as yet neither Amy nor I have got too competetive and allowed the fun to evapourate.. luckily we are not on the agility pot hunting curcuit - but I'm sure it's only a matter of time! Summer was measured and we are very pleased to announce she is Standard so watchout next year.

No comments: