Wednesday 3 November 2010

Crufts Qualifier


I had forgotten that on Saturday afternoon Amy had a Handling qualifier at Newark YKC weekend! so after shuffling my classes around I managed to be finished by 12:30 in time to travel up to Newark with her, I somehow managed to end up driving too! anyway the weather was kind and as we sat watching the other classes had decided this may have been a wasted journey as we watched the opposition getting ready to enter the ring! I know this sounds like we were pot hunting but to qualify you have to win the class and Newark is a fair distance to go for 20 minutes in the ring! so I sat by the ring with Rupert and Watched as Amy and Maisy went in. Maisy is not a natural handling dog, she is an excitable border collie who has 2 speeds, 100 mph and stop! luckily she was in a listening mood and gave a great performance ably steered around the ring by Amy. and to my surprise they had won the class so this means Amy will now take Rupert into the YKC ring at Crufts and I must say after watching them practicing in the ring on Saturday I think they may do a good job.

The picture above is of Rupert and the place card - he is not a fan of rosettes but he had better get used to it!!

No comments: