Tuesday 26 April 2011

Bretford ups and Downs

I'm absolutely exhausted today after the Easter weekend. We arrived early Friday afternoon and set up camp, and enjoyed a very relaxing afternoon and evening in the April sun. Saturday was ups and downs, Amy and Summer only had 1 clear round gaining them a lovely 4th in Jumping, and although still no clear rounds for Maisy and I we did have some great rounds just taking a pole or missing a contact! so I was very pleased. Sunday was the same really Amy gained a 3rd in Jumping and again Maisy was a good girl listening well. but yesterday was a disaster, I think both Amy and I and our dogs were just too tired, Maisy had lazy legs resulting in lots of poles and Summer had her wandering head on! so no clears and a few dissapointing rounds.
Rupert had a great weekend, and I managed wuite a bit of heelwork training, I even had his running order in the post for his first UKA show when I got home so I'm really excited about that.

Ellen & Hamish won Grade 3 Agility on Saturday taking him straight into grade 4, What a brilliant pair they are and Anne and Gloria had some good placings too even Crafty managed a lovey clear round so Well done guy's. Also more congratulations to Jo and the Mali's who had another fantastic weekend with Zippy winning another Agility proving he really is more than ready to be in Grade 6 and Ronny winning 2 jumping classes taking him halfway to grade 7! I think we need to take bets on which one will get there first? I'll put my money on Zippy!

We're off to Dordale this weekend, we were supposed to be camping but have decided not to hopefully letting the dogs sleep in their own beds might make them ready for clear rounds on Sunday! fingers crossed.

No comments: