Monday 23 November 2009

Preston

On Friday Clare had, had a car accident when some idiot just drove straight out in front of her giving her no choice but to smash into him leaving her very shaken, but she was determined to still go to Preston, so at the crack of dawn on Saturday I picked her and Charlie up and we set off on a 3 hour journey arriving at the venue for 8am. We have both been quite excited about this show, me because I only need one more win for grade 2 and Clare because for the past few shows Charlie has been brilliant just missing the top spot by ths smallest of margins. Agility was first and as I walked Charlie to the ring he was like a stallion, rearing up and making his usual noises so I knew he was going to give Clare a good run, and indeed he did, fantastic contacts and for once he really made Clare run, it was a brilliant clear round and with no suprise to me at all they won the class making them grade 3, and it's about time, the amount of hard work thats gone into getting a very difficult dog to work like he did on Saturday certainly deserves a lot of credit - well done.
Maisy was not as bad as I thought she'd be, although her contacts started off well by the end of the 2nd agility class she was just having a ball at my expense!! however in the afternoon the jumping course was a bit more technical which seems to suit Maisy, even if I get really nervous!, a really stupid handling mistake got us eliminated at fence 3!! I just gave her a command a bit too early and she turned before the fence and took the wrong obstacle!! then she went on to do a near perfect round, her weaves are now brilliant, so although I was annoyed with myself Maisy was a star. It was a very long journey home through heavy rain and strong winds, luckily Steve had made a nice dinner and I could relax with a well earned glass of wine, and I'm sure Clare did too. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks of competitions, hopefully Maisy and I will get back into our stride after the past few weeks off.

No comments: