Monday 18 October 2010

More Training

So now we have had 2 training sessions with Chipping Norton and 2 with Jo. At Chipping Norton Deena had set a jumping course up with some tricky pull in's and a very trappy Tunnel, I found it alot more difficult than the previous week as my mind doesn't work fast enough for Maisy's speed! Ellen & Hamish seemed to be taking it all in their stride and were looking fab so it was almost a relief at the end when they made a couple of mistakes! probably down to tiredness rather than ability! as he was flying all night. Maisy and I seemed to get better as the night went on and I came away really pleased with the progress, Yesterday was more hard work as Rupert & Maisy endured 2 hours of training with Jo, again concentrating on jumping sequences with Maisy really handling from a distance, and using some techniques I've never used before, Maisy was again excellent and I was suprised at how easy she finds it while I struggle. Rupert moved on to straight lines followed by a star, he is another dog who prefers me to work him from a distance and we realised he is much better going right than left! so thats what we will be practicing before our next lesson! I was a bit worried by one of Jo's comments " he's just like Maisy and Ronny" OMG what have I let myself in for?? well really I should be thrilled, if he turns out to have half their drive and enthusiasm I should be very pleased indeed. I have next weekend off from training with Jo so fingers crossed we haven't forgotten it all before the next time.

No comments: