Tuesday 2 April 2013

Bretford Update

So the show went ahead, albeit indoors - I really hate indoor shows but as Amy reminded me it was better than no show.  We decided that we would still take the caravan as we wanted to take Brucie and have a trial run before the main show season gets underway, but it was freezing, not so much at night, as we were well equipped with hot water bottles and our onsies.
So Saturday was a bit of a blur really, Summer was brilliant and ran extremely well gaining 3 nice clear rounds just out of the places, Ruby came for the day and had an amazing jumping round going clear in a faster time than Summer, Amy even said she felt like a "proper" agility dog! bless her labradoodle socks. But Rupert was - Well - a bit predictable, he had 3 okay runs but was very naughty in the final jumping just being lazy and taking most of the poles ending up with me taking him out and back to the car PDQ! so I was dissapointed. Sunday morning came and we had thick ice on our windows - it was a COLD day.  we had a combined 4-7 agility course to walk first thing and were happy with the course set, Rupert was a very good boy and had his listening head on, as the course progressed he wasn't touching any poles and before I knew it he had gone clear, what a clever boy. Jo told me we were in 2nd place at that point so I was very pleased with that, Then Amy took him in the Drontal class and he had another clear round! again very good, and I think he only had 1 pole all day  - at the prize giving for my agility class I was getting ready to collect the 2nd place but to my amazement I had actually won the class and Jo and Amy had told everyone not to tell me!! they are devils! so we had our first grade 6 win :-) Amy also came 4th in her class with him and Summer was again really excellent and got a 2nd in her grade 4 jumping WOW a brilliant day.
We actually took the caravan home on Sunday afternoon meaning we would drive up on Monday, so after a great day yesterday what would today have in store - well as exppected Summer was tired and it did show although she still manages 2 clears, just a bit on the steady side, Rupert had a brilliant agility round just taking 1 pole where I panicked a bit and had another clear in his jumping finishing 3rd. ion the other two rounds I was a bit crap! sorry Rupert... but he was really consistent so I'm a very happy easter bunny.  I think the total weekend tally was Summer 6 clears and a 2nd place and Rupert had a 1st a 3rd and a 4th. Fingers crossed we can keep it up.

No comments: