Monday 15 April 2013

Not so sunny Shuttleworth

We arrived on site at about 5:30pm after driving through intermittent torrential downpours!, We found a camping spot and began setting up - the ground was VERY wet as were my spirits.  After setting up and walking the dogs we decided it might be a bit cold for Brucies first night in the awning so ended up with all 3 of them in the caravan! we didin't get much sleep.
Saturday morning came all to quick, we had 3 courses to walk each and I was down to Scrime all day for Lou. It was a bit of a rushed morning and although Rupert was working well, I let him down by either over commanding or rushing where I didn't need to so although we got 4 spectacular E's I was actually quite pleased with some of the work we had done.  Amy and Summer had a difficult day, I only got to see one of her runs and she was just not herself, we put it down to the shooting that was going on not to far away, but no clears for her.
Sunday was a different day, we woke up to sunshine!!! although it was quite blustery there was no rain Woopeeee. Again I had 3 courses to walk! and Amy had 2, they were nice courses with some tricky elements, not too naggy or stupid.  Rupert was listening much better, and we only had 1 pole in the combined 5-7 agility, my fault as I didn't que him well and he had to make his own decision but apart from that I was thrilled, he also only took 1 pole in the jumping class, right near the end just as he came out of the tunnel, again I rushed off when I really didn't need to so I was actually very pleased with him. He actually was placed in the agility class - 15th with 5 faults and a long held dog walk contact! Summer again was not working well - she was choosing to skip around some of the jumps so we thing she is probably under the weather! so this week she is on light work only, and having a lot more Amy time :-) we'll see how she goes next weekend - we gave her a lovely massage last night, which she really enjoyed.
Brucie had a ball, wondering around, meeting up with his sister Luna, playing with his mate Rumble and generally enjoying the fresh air, he does need to learn that you sleep in the caravan when the lights go out not fling your toy around your crate!! I have a feeling he will definitely be in the awning at Shrewsbury.

No comments: