Sunday 1 February 2009

ffffreezing..

Today was one of those days were you just enjoy having dogs. Unfortunatly Amy was unable to come training today (a little too much to drink last night!!) so I had asked Kathryn to help me taking my obedience classes. She did a brilliant job, and I think she really enjoyed it, she has bags of enthusiasm which rubs off on the handlers and their dogs, I shall deffinately ask for her help again.




Jo arrived just as the snow began to flutter, we managed to get some needed team training done, Paul and Kody are shaping up to be a great team, I can't wait for him to grow in confidence like Ronny, I can already feel the flyball world shaking in it's boots.... 2 Ronnies in the same team, we really owe it to them to keep up our training so we get the best out of them, Smartie, Maisy and Dylan raced their socks off too, Alice is very sharp for her age, and handles Smartie (and Maisy) with great sympathy which helps to get them running smoothly. Towards the end of the session the snow started to come down with purpose so we packed up allowing the dogs to run free.

Next weekend Amy and I are travelling to Grantham for an agility show, Summer is entered in Grade 0 as there are no weaves or see saws and she can choose the height to run at, as usual it's a confidence thing and hopefully Amy will have time during this week to dabble in our paddock. Maisy training at home is really starting to take shape, being able to practice in my own time has really helped, her weave entrances are looking great and I'm learning to keep quiet with minimal commands and am learning to keep still alllowing Maisy to make decisions based on my body language rather than just racing around like a headless chicken. Whether it will work in competition remains to be seen but I have a class lesson tomorrow night after a 2 week break so we'll see if we have improved. I think 2009 will be a good year for both agility and flyball.

2 comments:

LuLu and LoLLy! said...

We are 2 Maltese dogs and we say Two Paws Up! for your outstanding report on training class and the very cute and also adorable pictures! Your PaLs, LuLu and LoLLy! http://www.luluandlolly.com

Sadler Dogs said...

thank u for your support, I've checked out your website and would like to add you as a link if thats ok with u guy's who r also very cute adn adorable. Emma & Amy XX