Monday 5 October 2009

Looking forward to weekends off


Well, we have finally come to the end of our mad show season, nearly every weekend from April to October has been filled with one dog event or another which I can whole heartedly say we have enjoyed greatly. We only have a few shows through the winter, a few little ones for Alice and Smartie to gain confidence for Amy and Summer to maintain their progress and just to keep Maisy from boiling over. During the quieter times we need to concentraste our training on our weak areas, Maisy's contacts in particular!! I'm going back to basics with her, she seems to get it at home but as soon as I'm on the start line she's off like an uncontrolable rocket, it's down to me just like when we used to do obedience but at least in agility I'm not close enough to keep pumping in those bad vibes. I'll be taking Maisy over to Jo's throughout the winter, having spent quite a number of breathtaking ringside seats watching her run Ronny and Keisha I know she understands the worries I have had in the past and has always got good advice on how to improve, she's not afraid to point out my handling mistakes but most importantly I trust her. Amy and Summer will be spending the winter working mainly on obedience but also enjoying their ever improving agility skills, Sumer has really started to bomb over the equipment, she has become a real little rocket, I just hope Amy has the speed to keep up, although I'm sure she will sicken us all by just having to stand in the middle of the ring calmly giving the odd directional command!!!! I wish... next weekend we are at a little agility show in Hinkley, Alice is there with Smartie too, then on Sunday Amy & Summer have entered the Midlands BC club limit obedience and breed show, updates to follow.

No comments: