Monday 26 October 2009

Training

We have been doing some work on our house over the last few weeks and this weekend we had planned to finish painting the hallway, luckily one of Steves friends had offered to help him so on Saturday I met up with Jo for a training session, she had already told me she had planned a hard session and she wasn't wrong, I took both Maisy & Dylan and ended up doing 2 hours!! we mainly concentrated on flick flacks, and pull ins. Maisy as usual was a star and Dylan had a great time playing with his football and teaching me the importance of body language! Yesterday I took Maisy to the paddock to continue practising what we had learnt at Jo's and Maisy again was really listening, getting up some good speed through the flick flacks and taking 12 weaves with no mistakes, hopefully we can keep it up for the show at Preston just one more Jumping win to take us into grade 2 for next season... no pressure then.
The Clocks have gone back now so evening training is pretty much out of the question, I hate the dark nights it just seems such a waste of time stuck indoors.. still the months go by so fast it'll soon be Spring and we can start all over again with a couple of exciting new prospects coming onto the agility scene, Hardy who is Clare's GSD puppy, Zippy who is of course Ronny's son and Gabby and Gloria the two boxers how exciting.
Next weekend Amy and I are training at the YKC activity weekend in Newark, I think we are helping out with the Flyball and then I'm organising the Obedience competition on Sunday, I'm only taking Maisy for some company and if I'm lucky I'll get a go on the agility equipment, but at least it will be some one to one time with her as it's her 5th Birthday on Sunday, I can't believe I've had her 4 years I remember taking her to Newark a couple of weeks after I had her for her first Camping experience, we had a tent in those days, I remember it was very cold even with 3 collies trying to keep us warm!! we'll be nice an toastie in the caravan this weekend especially with the heating on!!

No comments: