Monday 19 October 2009

training pays off


Yesterday Amy, Alice and I went to T.A.R.R.S agility limit show, it was only down the road and I thought it would be a nice little show to give Alice and Smartie a bit more confidence, in training they have come on really well, I don't think Alice can see how good her partnership with "Smartypants" has become, but hopefully she can now. First of all we had agility, it was a nice course with a few draws, Alice and Amy ran it really well, getting all their contacts I took Dylan and Maisy in and I managed to put Maisy back on the A frame with my body language so we were eliminated!! we somehow missed the presentation but someone we knew said they had heard Amy's name called out so on checking Alice and Smartie had come 3rd and Amy and Summer 4th, we were all extatic. then the Helta Skelta, it was quite a tricky course as it was grade 1 -7 Amy managed 2 clears with Summer and Dylan, Alice just had the last part of the long jump giving her 5 faults. Maisy took 2 naughty poles!! this time we waited for the presentation and were rewarded with Amy getting 2nd with Dylan and 3rd with Summer. Lastly was the jumping, as we walked it I said it was going to be hard, and thats what it was! lots of pull ins and a line of 6 jumps in a straight line at the start, for those of us with no wait on the line and a very fast dog I'm sure you will understand the dilema! Amy and Summer did a grand job only to get flustered at the weaves, Alice (who has a great wait) started off nicely but just moved too quickly on the pull ins resulting in Smartie back jummping, something we can work on and after a silly elimination for Maisy at the start she then flew round listening to all my directional commands, got her weave entrance at great speed and proved once again what a star she is. both the girls and all of the dogs made me very proud yesterday, Well done.

I also hear throughout the day that Kathryn and Ellen had, had a great day and I think I have the results correct: Ellen & Handbag won the agility, Kathryn and Gemma won timefault and out a 3rd in something else and Diesel got a 12th so brilliant news all round.


No comments: