Monday 7 December 2009

Wrye Update

Another early start on Saturday but this time Amy and Summer came too. It was one of those days that I really enjoy, no real results Charlie gained a couple of 6ths which was a nice indicator of his progress. The courses seemed quite technical, with some difficult lines but Maisy was really listening, we had a few poles here and there but directionally she was great, Summer was a star again no clears but she remained really motivated throughout the day so we all came away happy with our dogs. yesterday I did a little training with Maisy, just following on from Yvonnes lesson, I'm retraining the contact points for Maisy, it is so frustrating having a dog thats is great at home but is just so wired at shows, her starts are appalling, no sooner have I taken my hand out of the collar and she's off, no matter what I say to her, if I stand still she will realise she shouldnt have gone but by then it's too late!! so as soon as I have this last win under my belt we will not be going past the start without a stay, I know she is more than capable of it she just need to realise she won't get away with not listening from the start. Summer on the other hand has amazing waits on the start, even with dogs and people in close proximity behind her, I'm still trying to persuade Amy to do more shows and more training, Summer would be a real agility Star..

No comments: