Tuesday 26 January 2010

Now back to some training

Maisy has had the past few weeks off, and to be honest it's been a lovely treat to spend some relaxing quality time with her. Our daily routine has now changed due to Amy now working normal office hours which means Dylan, Summer & Ben have an early morning walk together with Amy & I and then after breakfast I get to spend half an hour walking Maisy before work, little does she know I'm working on her fitness, but I am determined this year to see if I can crack her stamina issues, not that it's ever a problem at shows because in true collie style she would literally run herself into the ground if I let her. Amy has decided that she would really like to get back into some serious obedience training with Summer, when she first had Ben we used to go to a lady named Jane Webb, she was absolutely brilliant not only as a trainer but also with a young Amy and Ben bringing the best out in them as a team. Janes methods have evolved over the past few years as have our own and tomorrow we are going to visit Jane to see how Summer gets on, this combined with their training at Rugby should stand them in good stead for the comming season. I'll post again on Thursday with an update.

No comments: