Thursday 28 January 2010

Fresh Approach

Amy & Summer had a very educational evening last night, and we were amazed at all the little things we had let slip, so Amy came a way with plenty of homework and for once none of it should be very difficult as Janes new methods fit exactly with how Amy has been working on her own so the future looks bright. Maisy and I start Agility training in ernest again this weekend, I have been reading Dawn Weavers book Knowledge Equals Speed which I have to say has been a bit of an inspiration, I have found actually taking the time to sit and read this book has enabled me to really understand the reasoning behind it rather than blindly following it because it has been written by a top handler, today I have also ordered Susan Garrett's 2x2 weave pole dvd, Jo has been working with this method over the past couple of months with great success so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm sure all these new ideas will keep Maisy amused for hours.
Crufts is now only a matter of weeks away and looking at the state of Summer it is a bit difficult to imagine she will be joining the "Show" dogs on Working & Pastoral day but there she will be taking her well earned spot with the rest of them, we have been warned that Summer is probably not the judges type but to be honest this is the first time she has qualified in breed and therefore we will have a great day out and WILL be bringing the best border collie home even if the judge doesn't agree!! but I do fear a jolly good grooming session is on the cards sooner or later...

No comments: