Tuesday 19 January 2010

Snow more!

Finally the snow has now all melted leaving behind plenty of mud!! funnily enough it only seems to be Summer who brings it back into the house! which has helped us decide that we are going to build a dog run in the garden, Steve wants a new mega shed so I have persuaded him that I could tag a purpose built outdoor run and kennel onto the back of it, my Idea is that if we use slabs and astro turf it will also be a mud free zone, and over time we might persuade the girls to sleep out there, at least during the warmer months, i'm sure they wont mind but I think the boys might have something to say if I asked them to sleep outdoors, they can't even sleep in the awning at a show!! such pampered pooches....
We are starting to enter all the agility and obedience shows again, it's a bit of a nightmare because all the schedules seem to be hidden until the camping has gone and then they suddenly appear on the main agility site!! I am slowly realising how to play the game, but it is very annoying having to spend so much time searching for illusive schedules!! and I'm not sure it's very sportsmanlike either?? Amy and I are really looking forward to the show season, it all goes very quiet over the winter and it feels like ages since we saw all our doggy friends, My diary is full already I think I only have 1 weekend off between Crufts and the middle of September!! I may have to re-think that it does seem a bit much and I really wanted to fit in a week away with Steve at some point!!! Poor Steve.

No comments: