Tuesday 2 March 2010

Pupdate

Well Rupert has now been at home nearly 2 weeks, he is so funny with his little ways, and because he is such a little piglet his training has started very well. I give him 5 minutes everyday concentrating on what he does natrually, so far he has a lovely sit and down, he natrually touches my hand with his foot so we are developing that and he will touch my left hand with his nose even if the treats are in my right hand and he will gor through my legs if I'm sat on the floor a bit like a tunnel, so lots of little bits and pieces to be starting off with. it does sound very young to be starting his training but remember these are all things he does anyway so he doesn't think of it as training and thats the way I intend to keep it.
Maisy and Summer spent the day with the Midlands Border Collie Club on Saturday as examples of the breed for the Judging assesment, each dog had to be judged 3 times and both were very well behaved, especially Maisy who has never even stepped foot in a breed ring! and there were moments when she looked at me as if to say, "Why do I have to stand up when lying down is much more comfy?" we had a lovely lunch and finally left to pick Rupert up from my sisters after 4pm, when we arrived Uncle Smartie looked exhausted, he had, had a great day playing with his little nephew and both boys were worn out. Tomorrow Rupert is 9 weeks old so I'll try to get some more pictures, Crufts is just over a week away so we are busy preparing Summer and have a Flyball training day on Saturday before the big day.

No comments: