Thursday 25 February 2010

So Far So Good

Well week one with little Rupert has been a joy, yes we have had a few nightime issues!! but I think we have now got that sorted, his playpen seems to be secure for now, or at least until his little mind works out how to escape! I have already introduced the clicker to him and for a greedy boy like Rupert I can see this method working very well, he already understands that the noise means a sweetie and has mastered a quick sit and a down, and have just started a follow to my hand, I have also started giving him cuddles in the heelwork position just to get him used to the close proximity of the position. but the funniest thing so far is that when he is out in the garden even when the other dogs come in he is quite happy sniffing around on his own, now I only have to take the lid of the sweetie tin for his little head to pop up and he scoots back inside and takes his place with the pack in a sit in anticipation of his piece of gravy bone. Yesterday he had his first vaccine, he was given a the thumbs up on his health check, and I was told he was a sturdy boy!! I think the vet meant FAT!!!! he has already stopped having his rice pudding for supper, but I guess he will soon lose it, the total opposite to Summer who with only 2 weeks to crufts looks like she has never been fed!! she choses now to to starve herself!!

Maisy & Summer are off to the Midlands Border Collie Club on Saturday as examples of the breed for their judging assesment day so we have lots of cleaning and grooming to do tonight as currently they look quite frankly a bit shoddy! It's a good job Rupert isn't required judging by the photo Claire has just text to me! no he will be spending the day with his Uncle Smartie and I don't expect him to be spoilt one little bit (NOT)

No comments: