Tuesday 29 June 2010

Holiday?!?!


Last week Steve and I were officially on holday, we had packed the caravan and booked into a lovely caravan site in the Golden Valley for a few days away together, we had decided to take Rupert & Maisy as Amy was also away with her YKC mates in Newquay so leaving Claire with Ben, Dylan & Summer. When we arrived we realised there was no mobile reception within 7 miles so I called the girls and told them to leave us messages which we would pick up at intervals throughout the holiday. The weather was glorious and the dogs were having great fun splashing around in the river keeping themselves cool. On Saturday we had decided to walk the dogs around a 3 mile route I had found on the internet, it was supposed to be and easy walk with spectacular views! well I'm not sure who published this so called easy walk but it was far from it! I don't think they believe in maintaining their footpaths in the Golden Valley! however the views from the ridge were amazing and both the dogs had great fun exploring the hedgerows, then suddenly my phone beeped at me, this was a good excuse for a rest so I decided to call Amy to make sure she had arrived in Newquay safely - Poor Amy had been trying to contact us for the past 24 hours, she hadn't been feeling very well so much so that her friends had taken her to A&E on Friday night where she had been diagnosed with THE MUMPS!!! so on the hottest day of the year we ended up spending 6 hours in the car Luckily the air conditioning was working and the dogs had had a long walk so were quite happy to have a big snooze. unfortunately we ended up cutting our holiday short but at least Amy is now on the mend and not quite as Hamster looking as she was.
all was not lost though as I have a little treat waiting for me on Thursday - all will be revealed.......

No comments: