Monday 14 June 2010

North Derbyshire


I must admit to not really looking forward to this weekend, not only was it a long drive on a Friday afternoon, but I was also going up on my own, and even though I was meeting up with Jo and Kathryn I really hadn't got very excited about it at all. Luckily we arrived in the sunshine and Karthryn and Ian had already set up camp so at least there were some friendly faces on arrival. Saturdays weather remained warm and dry and Maisy had some lovely rounds still just taking the odd pole or missing the contacts, but I had started to get at least a bit of a wait on the start so some progress was being made. In the afternoon we even managed to all sit by the grade 7 ring to watch some really lovely dogs and their handlers make it all look far too easy.

We woke up to heavy rain on Sunday morning which made the ground very slippy, maisy started the day off with an agility round where her naughty contacts remained but she made a very tight weave entrance look easy and took the jumping sequences in her stride so I was quite pleased, it was followed by a tricky 1-4 jumping where all the jumps were in the middle and I just think Maisy got confused and started to take her own line in a panic so I took her out of the ring. then finally we had a lovely 1-3 jumping class, Maisy ran it beautifully just knocking 2 poles which were both my fault, so I am really looking forward to next weekend at Golden Valley.

Jo had another brilliant weekend with so many rosettes to name them all but she had an amazing jumping win with Ronny and came 2nd in the same class with Keisha, not to be outdone Keisha followed that by winning another 2 jumping classes and Kody taking another grade 4 win taking him to grade 5, I think she might need an extension soon to house all those trophies!!

Anne & Gloria had a brilliant clear round in the Jumping it was the best I have ever seen Anne run in total control so very well done and Sara with her lab Jess had another clear in the agility gaining 4th place so it turned out to be a brilliant weekend all round

No comments: