Monday 7 June 2010

Quiet weekend

last Thursday we took Summer to the vets to be spayed, we had originally wanted to have a litter from her but with the unexpected arrival of Rupert then decided it wasn't necessary to put her and us through it all (especially the bit where you have to let your babies go!) the operation went very smoothly, and she seems to be recovering extremely well, even keeping her quiet hasn't been as much of a problem as I anticipated, so fingers crossed next Saturday John our vet will give her the all clear in time for Golden Valley on the 19th/20th June.
This weekend we hadn't got any shows booked so I arranged to take Rupert to a HTM workshop run by Richard Curtis in the neighbouring village, he was brilliantly behaved and although it was a long day for him we have come away with lots of ideas to play with over the comming months (more on his own blog).

Maisy and I are entered at North Derbyshire next weekend, so I'll be camping with her & Rupert, as you could probably tell from previous posts I have been a bit down about our 5 faultitis over the past few weeks, we were on such a roll at the end of last season I seem to have lost my MOJO!! so hopefully this weekend we can focus enough to get through it, Jo is camping next to me so I'm hoping one of her motivational chats will do the trick. I am at a real loss how to get the same contacts in competition as we do everywhere else! I will get myslef videoed both at training and in competition to see if we can spot anything!! failing that it's going to be velcro on her pads!!

No comments: