Monday 12 July 2010

Maisy does the Double

Well, finally I have some good news for Maisy and I - On Saturday we went to Bretford and after an appalling Agility round we somehow managed to pull a clear round out of the bag in the jumping, we had one wide turn but appart from that it was faultless giving us the last grade 1 jumping win we needed by a good couple of seconds. Summer also had a lovely clear round finishing in 6th place, and if it hadn't have been for a naughtly pole in the Agility may also have been celebrating Grade 2 success. Yesterday we found ourselves at different shows, I had booked to go to Chipping Norton and Amy was again at Bretford, Maisy was again extremely naughty in the Agility round and just shoots off without any thought to a contact just trying to get to the next obstacle as quickly as possible, to be honest I'm getting a bit fed up with having to constantly put her back on them! from an onlookers point of view it must look like I have never trained them but at home and in training she is very good, so much more work is needed, however then we had the graded jumping which was being judged by Sue Frazier a good friend and I really wanted to try hard to look as good as possible in front of her, I was first on the line and there were plenty of draws ahead of us, but appart from a slightly sticky moment we managed another clear! not only that but Ellen and Hamish also went clear, at the end of the class it turned out I had won the grade 1 and Ellen had won Grade 2, brilliant, Sue told me I had won by over 3 seconds and it had been a brilliant run so I was elated.
Jo and all the Mali's were at Diamond show this weekend and now has 3 dogs in Grade 6!!! Kody just won't be left behind - Clever boy. So congratulations all round.
Amy and Summer had some brilliant moments over the weekend Summer has suddenly found her bionic feet which is on occasion taking Amy by suprise, they are lovely to watch and the transformation just seems to be happening right in front of us with each competition giving them a little more confidence, we are both really looking forward to our "Holiday" at Dashing dogs now, we have no pressure so can really enjoy the week.

1 comment:

Mali Mania said...

Its about time !!! Well done mate, truly deserved, I bet a cup of tea Rupert will be starting in G3 (no cheating on this one), Yippee x