Monday 26 July 2010

Mid Season Time Off

I'm not sure if this Mid season month off has come at the right time?! just when Maisy & I seem to have got our act together I find myself with a month off. For the past 2 weeks we haven't done any agility at all, I've been a bit off colour and Maisy has been having a very well earned rest. Yesterday Amy took her for a flyball practice before the YKC qualifier on Wednesday, I'm not sure why I agreed to letting her do it again, but she really does enjoy it and should they qualify it will be the first time Amy had run her at Crufts, But it will deffinitely be the last time and she won't be doing any hard training in preparation, hopefully she can just go as a reserve for the big day. Summer and Amy also have been having some time off, Summer has really turned into a cheeky monkey, at home and in the agility ring, I'm really looking forward to watching her at the week long Dashing dogs show, we just want to fine tune her offside weaves and who knows what results she might come home with?!?
Summer and Rupert are getting ready for the show ring, actually all Summer needs to do is put on some weight, and I think I've now cracked it with a new food and a new feeding regime, but Rupert is in dire need of some Ring craft training!!!! I'm quite glad I won't be there for his debut as I'm sure he will be a little over the top!! poor Amy I think perhaps she might need to get in some cramming before Bournemouth, however his other training is coming on really well, he had about a week off training while I was poorly but this morning I started to tighten up his heelwork, working on his close position, taking a side step and clicking his effort to remain in position, after only a couple of goes he is already thinking its a great game to push on in anticipation of the click! I was looking at some pictures of ticket handlers during heelwork and think Ruperts natural position will be quite a high head as opposed to the wrap around style, I will be happy with either and haven't really pushed him towards either but I am sure once we really start to motor forward he will have to adjust his head carriage accordingly so I suppost a high head at this stage is better - Just to reiterate, training sessions are only a few minutes at a time, their is plenty of time for stamina training, he is just coming up to 7 months and I don't anticipate him being in the obedience ring before next season, so he is set to have a very busy winter what with his agility training with Jo and Obedience training, I'm not sure where all the time is coming from!?

No comments: