Thursday 8 July 2010

Rupert learning contacts

So I have begun to start training Rupert's Contacts, after the few weeks I have had with Maisy there is one thing for sure Rupert will never get away with breaking his wait on the start and he will never know what a naughty contact feels like (well thats the plan). After only a few times of showing him the contact using the clicker he got the hang of it, he isn't quite stopping in the 2 on 2 off position yet but I think thats down to my timing rather than his understanding but I will work on that in the next couple of sessions along with his send away into the tunnel. I am really pleased with him so far and have attached a short video so any comments are welcome.

Maisy has had a rest for most of this week, as I am hoping that some last minute cramming on Friday evening will stick in her mind for the weekend ahead, it's going to be really nice as on Saturday we are only at Daventry so my parents can come to watch, the best bit is Mum will bring the camping stove and keep us topped up with goodies throughout the day whilst Dad pretends to watch from his chair while all the time he is actually fast asleep!! mind you at the moment that's probably the best way to watch Maisy and I in action.. Amy and Summer are with us on Saturday but we have somehow managed to be at two different shows within about 2 miles of each other on Sunday, Amy is on the hunt for more points so that hopefully she and Summer will qualify for the YKC agility finals in 2011. I'll hopefully get a few videos to post this weekend.

Another bit of news is that we have a new addition to the family, his name is Bill, he is a Bailey Olympus 624, Steve and I decided that if we were going to have more weekend breaks in the caravan we wanted a bit more luxury, so along came Bill, he has a fixed bed and a lovely end bathroom with plenty of room for unexpected visitors if necessary. He is a fair bit bigger than the last one, and I took him to Oswestry last weekend and had no problems towing or setting up so it's all good, appart from the dogs are not allowed inside so that will take them (and us) a bit of time to get used to although Maisy & Rupert didn't seem to mind last weekend they even stayed outside when I had the door open so it look like it might be OK.

No comments: