Monday 20 September 2010

Bromsgrove update

I nearly didn't go this weekend, but I'm glad to say it was worth the effort. I had decided to take Summer and run her in the combined classes on Saturday as she was already entered and it really made a difference running a dog with nice contacts! Maisy didn't have any clears but I was really pleased as she had some brilliant jumping sequences and a few times where my handling let her down! but on the bright side I have 5 out of 6 jumping classes at Dashing Dogs next weekend so hopefully I'll get my act together for that.

Summer was a little star all weekend, she managed a lovely clear in her combined 1-2 agility class finishing 7th and if I had trusted her to take her weave entry she would have been alot higher in the placings, then yesterday she had two lovely clears with Amy but most importantly she was super keen and is really getting to be a cheeky monkey.

And finally some congratulations - firstly to Ellen and Hamish who got their final jumping win taking them to grade 3, and nearly won the agility too so they look to be on great form for their grade 3 classes next year. And to Lucy and Millie, WOW what a brilliant weekend you had, you have gone from complete novice to a lovely partnership in such a short space of time, Millie's jumping is smooth and driven and you match her ability with your handling skills, this was all rewarded with some fantastic rounds and a brilliant 4th in Jumping which could have easily been a win on a different day.

All in all we had a lovely relaxing weekend with good agility and good company.

No comments: