Monday 31 January 2011

A little bit of sunshine

For the past couple of weeks I've been concentrating on Pull ins with Rupert and getting Maisy to remain in the weaves so I can run on to the next jump etc! With Rupert the pull in's have been comming on very nicely if I work him on my left but for some reason I can't get it right with him on the right! I keep ending up facing him and not the direction I'm going in!!! it just feels like writing with the wrong hand. So that is obviously my homework for this week. Maisy is getting better all the time, if nothing else her weaves have got so much faster which hardle gives me any time to get anywhere ahead of her.

We had two training sessions away from home, Thursday night at Chippy which was good, both dogs worked well, even though Maisy after having to wait for an hour in the truck came out in a mental state, but soon settled down and gave me 100% and Rupert is just a good boy, he gets very excited waiting his turn but as soon as he is on the line I get his full attention even with other dogs running in the next ring. Then yesterday afternoon at Jo's, it was great even the sun shone for us, Both dogs really worked well, I can see such a difference in both of them since the end of last season, and I'm really looking forward to the new season starting especially as we have already started to fill the show diary, April is full - Bring it on.


No comments: