Tuesday 4 January 2011

New Year

Amy and I had a great time at the Cool Agility show, no clear rounds but Maisy and I managed 5 out of 5 start line waits and had some brilliant moments and Summer was a little pocket rocket, just taking the odd pole down in her enthusiasm, lots more training to do but so far its all going to plan.
Now that the snow has finally melted away I've been able to start training again, it seem like ages since we've been able to make it to the paddock! Rupert seems to have enjoyed the break and has come back really up for it, he is now jumping medium with no problem at all even on tight corners so this weekend I have put the jumps up another notch and again he seems to be coping really well. I began 2x2 weave training but have come up against a slight hitch so I'll talk through it with Jo on Sunday before I go any further, thats the problem with letting Rupert set the pace at which we train, sometimes he just goes too fast for me! although I have to say his contacts are really coming on very well indeed, at home he is doing the dog walk and the A frame brilliantly and although he got 100% at a different venue on Sunday he was occasionally doing a running contact instead of 2 on 2 off which I think is just a confidence issue which he will get better with as he starts training at Chipping Norton over the comming weeks. I have now also introduced him to the see saw, he seems fine with the tip, although I have one hand in his collar and am slowly tipping it for him, he will then go into his contact position but when I release him he gets a little spooked by the noise it makes banging on the ground, so more work is needed there, I know he will get it soon and will put something under it to muffle the sound for a week or so. Before Christmas he wasn't happy to do the dog walk on full height bt the first training session this week he just did it without batting an eyelid, so I know he will get it in his own time, and time is something I still have plenty of, He was 1 year old on 30th December.

No comments: