Thursday 12 May 2011

This weeks training

Well as I said before I really needed to spend more time with Maisy which is what I'm now working on - It's really difficult to give two competition dogs enough time each, especially when you enjoy training one much more than the other! that sounds awful, but I have such a different training style now that really suits Rupert so the progression is much more obvious, with Maisy she has started to be a real little star at home, she just loves her one to one time with me but in the competition environment she just doesn't have the ability to recognise it's the same thing at all, we get moments of brilliance but mostly either I let her down or she hoons off doing her own thing which is becomming very frustrating, I suppose once Rupert comes out in July the pressure will be off her and who knows what could happen. But for now at home she has been awesome.

Rupert was good again at Deena's on Tuesday night, I've had to now put a wait command on the seesaw which has slowed it down, but I'm hoping to go back to the running once he has a better understanding of waiting for the noise before running forward. I have also been working on his long jump, even though I have one at home we haven't done too much over it so he sometimes runs past it not giving it any respect as an obstacle at all. on the posotive, he is really showing respect for the weaves, and has learn't to give himself a steady just before entering them, this is because we are no longer using the swivel bases which he was able to push his way through, he still isn't up to his full speed through them but with a bit more confidence that will come.

I've also decided that I'm going back into the obedience ring! not really in a competetive mode, just as a bit of something different from time to time, I have entered a couple so watch this space for updates!

No comments: