Monday 16 May 2011

Well Chuffed

I wasn't too hopeful for Leamington show, and when we arrived and walked the courses my mood didn't improve! the grade 1-3 jumping was more like a trappy Helta Skelta, not at all encouraging for any new handlers or dogs that might have been there, and the ground in the rings was appaling, Still Matin's 1-3 agility looked nice, set with a couple of tricky bits to test us which is just how I like it, and the 1-6 jumping was interesting, but the ground was really bad in that ring, but to be honest, my dogs are more than capeable of running on uneven ground, at the end of the day they have been bred to work all day on all sorts of ground so it was me I was more worried about.
Amy and Summer had an elimination in both jumping rounds, but worked a lovely clear in the Agility finishing 4th, Amy was really pleased with her weaves which are getting faster and faster every competition, and her contacts were spot on. Maisy and I had an expected E in the first jumping class, there was no way I would be anywhere close enough to her to call her off the first trappy tunnel and I was right. Then in the Agility she ran a lovely round, getting 1 pole and an expected 5 on the A frame, but she got a lovely controlled dog walk and see saw and ran it very smoothly appart from when I got in her way in front of the dog walk, but she would have still managed a win if she had been clear so I was thrilled. In the 1-6 jumping after a very sticky moment getting her into the first tunnel she ran brilliantly getting her first clear of the season, not good enough to be placed but I was very happy indeed. Well donr to Ellen and Hamish for their 2nd in Agility, His run was lovely.

No comments: