Monday 9 May 2011

Wet Weekend





I know we needed some Rain but at Ruperts first show we got totally drenched! Still Rupert didn't seem to mind too much. as we arrived it was Raining heavily and the judge had decided to take out the dog walk in favour of a 2nd tunnel! I didn't think it was windy at all and all I'll say is that the judge has obviously never been to Scunthorpe! so what started out as a lovely agility round turned into a very fast helta Skelta with an A frame thrown in (which I actually thought was more dangerous considering the speed your dog was likely to hit it) I set Rupert up on the start line which was very close to the Scrimer so I thought he might be a little spooked and break, but as I turned to check he was rock solid waiting to be released (PHEW) so off we went, so worried about the A frame was I that even though I saw him steady himself I still managed to put a Steady command in which threw him and he came back down it towards me, after that he went brilliantly, he had a great sendaway into a tunnel and finished with a fabby go on to the end, so i was very pleased indeed. then to my suprise I heard we had been awarded a clear round, I expect it was because in Nursery they only mark poles and contacts as everything else is using up your own time, so we came away with a lovely clear round rosette. Maisy on the other hand had a really mad head on her so I ended up taking her out of the ring! I know it's because I haven't really given her as much time and attention as I should have and this is just her way of reminding me she needs so extra care and consideration, which she will obviously be getting from now on.Yesterday it was the 3rd Darian day, I was a little worried about how Rupert would react with all those dogs around, but I needn't have bothered, because from the minute he came out of the van he was extremely well behaved, playing with his brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles etc etc etc. we had a great afternoon and the sun even came out for us, it was lovely to see everyone having so much fun.

No comments: