Thursday 7 February 2013

Laura Chudleigh Training

So last night I took Rupert to my first training session with Laura Chudleigh at the dog training barn in Middleton Cheney.  There were 6 of us for an hour session which started at 9:15pm!  Firstly we waited outside for 20 minutes (not Laura's fault) but by the time we got in I for one was absolutley freezing cold, luckily Rupert has a nice big coat to keep him warm.  We started with a simple warm up sequence where Laura pointed out Rupert was releasing from my body movement! to be honest this is my fault for being lazy as he has a good solid wait and when given the correct signals from me will wait for any distance confidently, so it just goes to show the things we take for granted, we have been given some homework to practice which should help with improving the understanding.  We then looked at contacts, I've been fiddling with Ruperts trying to get a running, but he just won't release and I think I've confused him somewhat, so I'm going back to 2o2o and will back train it again from the floor to try ang get back some more speed, however I really like the running method and think its going to be the only way to get a win in grade 6/7 but thats a different story... and then we did some front crosses, which seemed to go well - so all in all I think I got plenty to take away and work on till the next session in 3 weeks time, only problem was it took me all night to get warm again!!
Im back at Chippy training tonight and then at the Bitz and Bobz show on Saturday then its only a week till Amy collect Brucie, we had a visit on Monday evening and he is turning into a really cheeky monkey! The whole litter is gorgeous and I wouldnt be dissapointed with any of them, really happy healthy confident puppies, for a first time granny Lou and her family have done a brilliant job.

No comments: