Wednesday 4 March 2009

Crufts 2009

Well tomorrow sees the start of Crufts 2009. This year will be a little different to our normal experience, the aftermath from the BBC's take on the KC in it's expose into some pedegree breeds and breeders means there will be no TV coverage and many of the big sponsors have now pulled out which will leave big gaps in the normally crowded isles. This could be a good thing for the dogs as we move between benches and rings. Also this year although Amy will be working for the Kennel Club on the YKC stand on Thursday and Saturday we will be without Ben who has been at Crufts every year since 2006, he always loved the atmosphere and we will miss him, especially as he always used to spot someone in the crowd and run up to greet them thinking it was his beloved Granddad!! but he will be safely at home keeping dad company whilst he makes yet more jump wings ;-)) Alice has qualified in the flyball with Maisy and Amy has Ronny in the flyball and 17-24yrs handling on Sunday along with the other members of our Brickyard babies flyball team Sunday will be very busy - I hope the reported demonstraters allow us to keep ourselves and our dogs safe, we plan to steer clear of these idiots who in my opinion have not thought their argument through -Gggrrrr. I have this year decided that I am watching the Obedience Bitch ticket without distraction, I've taken friday off and have arena tickets, I am taking Amy and Ellen and I know Kathryn will also be there so they can all entertain themselves whilst I indulge myself, I have my favorites to watch out for, Philomena Barnes and Janet Alderidge, but more on that after the event.
Just a mention Laura Gardner whom I train and will be competing in the YKC starters finals with her home grown labrador pup Coral - Good luck but most of all enjoy your day.

No comments: