Thursday 12 March 2009

Training going well

Had a great training session with Maisy last night, It's been up and down recently, more due to my handling and sending her the wrong messages than her ability, but last night seemed to come together, she successfully got all her weave entrances and was really listening to my verbal commands and was watching for my body signals, we only had a couple of hiccups with her fascination for the Tunnel which was occasionally more alluring than the obstacle I actually had given the command for, although with a bit more discrimination practice I am sure we can nail that too. Summer and Amy have also been practicing in advance of this weekends competition, apparently She thought it was far more sensible to race past the A Frame than to waste time going over the top!! but apart from that she is happily working at all the obstacles and will very soon be a speed merchant through the weaves just like her big sis. Dylan has been out on the equipment too this week, and as always he tootles around at his own speed, Amy and I are supposed to be sharing him on Saturday, but I expect Amy will steal him for all three classes as usual!! he is very dependable in the ring so long as you don't take your eye off him. hopefully I'll get some pics and video's to share next week.

1 comment:

LuLu and LoLLy! said...

Dear Sadler Dogs, we are 2 Maltese dogs and we are enjoying learning about your training! Also, you said there were hiccups in the training, did you hold your breath to make them stop? Love, your PaLs, LuLu and LoLLy!