Tuesday 14 April 2009

Easter Agility

Goodness what a lot to get through! - I'll start with Maisy we started off on Saturday with some lovely rounds and by the end of the day I was elated with her progress, Sunday was a bit of a disaster I seem to have lost the plot and just didn't get into the "Zone" before my rounds, the Zone is something Clare and I often laugh about knowing someone who actually won't speak to anyone before running their dogs using that exact expression, however we can both now understand why it is so important and I took the time on Monday to really concentrate on Maisy and the rounds and I can happily report it was much much better, I have started walking my courses with Jo as Ronny and maisy are very similar, Jo has given me some really useful advice and for a short time in my last class yesterday I actually felt in control, I love watching Jo run her dogs, she puts so much into it making me realise it's an effort thing - Ellen will know what I'm tallking about....
Amy & Summer had an obedience show on Friday and Monday, Summer did her proud and was a little Angel, she was a little bouncy in her heelwork and was working a bit wider than usual but her retrieve was superb and she even managed her stays on Monday so Amy was thrilled. on Saturday afternoon they came to the show and Amy had a lesson with Alistair from Fox Agility, he really gave Amy some confidence and Summer really showed him how good she can be, Sunday she had an agility run and went really sweetly until I tried to move to the end of the course which Amy had clearly told me not to do!!! so I was in BIG trouble... She also took Dylan in the jumping where he was a little star and gained a lovely clear round and we took Maisy and Dylan in the pairs, Maisy didn't leave many poles for Dylan to jump, i think she was just making it easier for her brother!! needless to say we wern't placed in that.
Amy and I went to see Summers new brothers and sisters on Saturday evening, it was such a good job they are all spoken for at nearly 6 weeks old they were gorgeous, and we came away very contented and feeling a little jelous of their new owners.
As for everyone else at the Agility show I think I can say Kathryn and her dogs had a great weekend, the boxers and Jess are consistently getting clears and when I went into her caravan yesterday afternoon there were far too many rosettes in there for my liking!!! Ellen and Humbug Hamish had a few dissapointing rounds, and a couple of nice placings that little man is so capeable but seems a little confused at the moment, hopefully with a few more weekends under his belt that all important win won't be far away. Clare & Charlie had a good Saturday followed by a dissapointing Sunday and after a little rethink came out fighting again on Monday, Charlie really makes Clare work hard every inch of the way, right from the moment he gets out of the car. It's no wonder she is elated when he has a good run, I'll keep my fingers crossed this new method goes on working for a few weeks to come. Jo and the Malis had a mixed bag again, we watched as many of their rounds as possible, on Saturday evening we sat by the ringside to see the last class of the day, it was nearly 6.30 and both Keisha and Ronny were in the Agility, Keisha went first and set the bar with a fantastic clear round, she is a super technical dog to watch and didn't leave much room for improvement then it was Ronnies turn, he was a complete nutter speeding so fast over the dog walk he came off it, Jo decided that was enough and took him out of the ring before he injured himself! luckily he was taken home to think about his actions and seemed to come back in a much better mood for the remaider of the weekend - phew!
A couple of members from our club had their first show, and came away with good results, in all it was a nice competition with highs and lows. the company was nice if a little overpowering at times and I'm really looking forward to getting on with some training this week in preparation for next weekend at Newbury when we do it all over again....

No comments: