Wednesday 1 April 2009

Shuttleworth this weekend

I've been really impressed by Maisy's training this week, she is really watching for my directional commands and is working ahead of me with growing confidence, I feel much calmer with her now which hopefully I can take into this weekends competitions. On Friday Clare & I are taking my caravan to Shuttleworth for a weekend of agility competitions, this is the first time her GSD Charlie will have to sleep in his new soft crate in the awning, hopefully he won't make too much noise!! I have decided Maisy will sleep in the truck, it shouldn't be too cold but I'll take her jacket for her to wear anyway. It's also the first time I will be towing the caravan with Trev! I don't expect any problems though. Steve has even managed to fix my fridge so at least the wine will be chilled - you have to get your prioroties right. lots of our friends will be at this show camping so I'm sure it will be great fun, lots of pictures to follow.
Amy is staying at home with the other dogs, hopefully she will be using the time to put in some training for her first obedience competition of the year which is at Nottingham on Good Friday, she had her running orders yesterday and has been drawn 1st in "A" so it will be an early start, I don't think she has fully trained her "A" recall yet or scent so I guess she will use it as a training round in preparation for Novice. Amy is the queen of training rounds which is really good for an inexperienced dog like Summer, we keep on reffering to her as "The Puppy" but we have to remember she is nearly 2 now.... Amy has entered a few shows so I expect we will see some well earned results soon enough.

No comments: