Monday 21 September 2009

Bromsgrove


I was lucky enough to get Friday afternoon off work so had plenty of time to get to the venue and set up, it was a lovely afternoon and after setting up camp and walking the dogs I still had time to relax and enjoy the lovely evening with Kathryn, Ian, Ellen and her mum Louise. On Saturday I had 2 agility and a jumping with Maisy and a jumping with Dylan, Maisy had a pole in the agility which was down to me dropping my arm and a couple of eliminations due to bad handling!!! and Dylan got faulted on his weaves, again down to me forgetting he isn't confident with off side weaves, I could even hear Amy telling me off in my head as he popped out halfway through!! in the afternoon I was speaking to Jo who had felt Keisha was running off par, so we all ventured down to the ring to watch her final jumping round, she looked stunning and I must admit I thought she had run brilliantly but Jo still thought she had been a bit sluggish, I checked the time and she was in the lead (Sluggish my foot!!!) after the class had closed we checked her place and she had won it, so thats 2 grade 4 jumping wins only one more to go for both Keisha and Ronny to be in Grade 5. Sunday was another day, I had decided to take Maisy in the Agility first, it was a nice course which I felt would suit Maisy, well it suited her just fine, she hooned around having a great time with no regard to any of the contacts and no respect for the weaves at all!!! i ended up taking her out of the ring to think about her actions!! what a naughty girl, thinking back it makes me smile, Maisy was just having a great time at my expense and it makes me appreciate more how much effort she puts in 80% of the time, bless her. Dylan had two lovely clear rounds in his jumping classes albeit steady but he had a great time and was a really happy dog all weekend, Maisy's last class of the weekend was the combined 1-2 jumping, it was a lovely course with a few draws, I had spent a little time watching friends run it so I knew where the real draws are that I sometimes miss in the mele of walking it with 200 people, Maisy went clear, it was a little messy and we ended up 2nd with a lovely bit of crystal to show for it.

Amy had two 3rds in her obedience, Summer was lacking drive which is what Amy wants to work on over the winter, she has really increased her drive in the agility ring so we know it's in there we just have to get it in heelwork, she took Ben and Summer to the beach on Saturday afternoon, Ben loves the sea and really didn't want to come home, we must take him there more often, apparently he was off as soon as he heard the waves.. Bless him.

No comments: