Thursday 17 September 2009

Different Directions

This weekend Amy and I are off in different directions, Amy is heading off to Great Yarmouth for a weekend of Obedience, unfortunately she has drawn the short straw and will be in a tent!! whilst I'm off to Bromsgrove agility weekend, luckily I'll be in the warm caravan, and as it's only me, both Maisy & Dylan will be allowed to sleep inside. Dylan is also enterd in the jumping classes, it's been ages since I've run him at a show, he gets very distracted by all the demons in his head! but hopefully as the weekend goes on he might revert to his old form and get a clear, he's a very tidy jumper but he just hasn't done much recently and the handling technique is much different to how I now run Maisy so it might be fun to watch if nothing else.. Last night we took all the dogs to Janes for her monthly competition, Maisy was a little manic! and I ended up being eliminated, but it was my own fault, I gave her an extra command as she entered the weaves which bought her out and didn't commit to the last fence which confused her and sent her spinning in circles waiting for the correct command!!! poor child, Dylan had his spaniel head on so ran around with his head in the air and Summer was great but the spot light confused her as she approached the dog walk so she jumped off the side. Summer has been great in training and now Amy has startd to use the technique her friend showed her the concentration is much better and she has increased her speed and confidence.... just goes to show you what you can achieve with a little effort.

No comments: