Monday 1 February 2010

BBBbbbbbbrrrrrrrr

It is Freezing!!! I spent 4 hours in the paddock yesterday afternoon training various classes and it took me at least as long to get fully warm again! having said that Maisy's first training sessions have been going really well, her start lines have been solid and her contacts have really improved, I can even trhow her toy as she is approaching the stop position with out her failing so I am really pleased. I have been practicing waits on my morning walk, so each day as I walk accross the Field without slowing my pace or making eye contact I just give her either a sit or a down command and continue walking for about 20 paces or so, then as I turn sideways and raise my arm I repeat the command and parise her from the distance before releasing her to her toy, there just isn't any pressure or worry that she might break so I repeated this process on the start line at Saturdays session racing back to have a game with her so that she started to become confident, so far the rewards have been great, a good test will be when I'm at Yvonnes with Jo in a couple of weeks, if she can still do it in front of a Mali then I should be able to do it in competition. Amy spent the weekend in London, she went to see Chicago which she said was brilliant and also had a trip on the Duck tour, She text me during the tour to say she had just past the Kennel Club building in Clarges street!! She really must get out more!
Finally our fabulous Ben was 8 yesterday, there have been times we didn't think he would make it but he does seem to have found a new lease of life recently and we can't wait to get him out to the shows as a spectator, he loves to drag us around the rings you wouldn't think he used to be an obedience dog!!

No comments: