Saturday 13 February 2010

Today Maisy and I had a shared lesson with Jo and Ronny at Yvonne's, I was really pleased with Maisy as her contacts and waits are really comming on, and I have started to feel more confident with my handling skills, I have to trust Maisy a bit more and stop running backwards! towards the end of the 2 hour lesson Maisy showed visible signs of fatigue so I ended it there, she has come home and seems to be really stiff on one of her back legs, hopefully it will only be a strain and she'll wake up tomorrow full of bounce but for now she is lying by the fire resting. I love to watch Jo run her dogs, they are really fast but Jo still somehow manages to spend that extra second facing in the right direction to shape her dogs while I always seem to be racing to the next obstacle ahead of Maisy although today I feel I turned a corner, I love days like that. Claire, Amy and I went to see Rupert for the last time before I collect him on Wednesday, he has grown so much in a week he's already much bigger than Summer was when we collected her so it looks like he's going to be a big chunky boy and he is so gorgeous I still can't quite believe he's going to be mine. Next weekend Amy and I are taking the girls to Prestpury park for an agility show, it seems ages since we have been to a show and as the training seems to be going well I'm really looking forward to seeing how we are in competition mode. Lots more updates from Wednesday on when little Rupes arrives....

No comments: