Wednesday 12 May 2010

More Training

Last night I decided to take Maisy to the paddock instead of going to class, I had set quite a difficult course out with contacts into tunnels and a fast line of jumps into the weaves, all of which she took in her stride, she was really trying to get it right which let me see clearly where my handling errors were, she waited for her release command on all the contacts which was really nice as we have been stuggling with that one! so fingers crossed for the weekend and hopefully no naughty poles will be there. When I got home I decided to take Rupert out for a walk in the evening sun, I have been training lead work as it's something I haven't been very vigilant with, with the others, he had a little run accross the corn field and then was put on his lead, he was a little star and not once did he take up the slack, we enjoyed a pull free walk with plenty of time to watch the bunnies nibbling the sping grass before they realised Rupert was in fact a dog staring at them and not a lamb! This morning I found an old photo of Ben, he must be about 2 years old, he looks so fit and healthy and you can see by his eyes how focused he was, it's a bit sad to see him now, a young dog in an old body, at only 8 years old when he should be at his best, hopefully this year Amy will manage to get him fit enough to have a go at a few allsorts classes, it's a shame to leave him in the caravan garden when the thing he loves to do the most is a few yards away, the trouble is even though he is very obedient as soon as he sees Agility he turns into a pulling machine! so it takes two of us just to get him to the ring!! Bless him..

No comments: