Monday 24 May 2010

Weekend Update

Amy and her friends had a brilliant weekend albeit most of it was spent drinking Pims in the sunshine! her Disney themed night out went well and looked like great fun from the photo's. Maisy and I attended BATS agility show on Saturday, the first class was Agility I was lucky enough to be 3rd in the queue so not much time for Maisy to get over excited by it all, unfortunately it didn't go to plan and Maisy flew all her contact points ending up with me leaving the ring before the end of the course, I didn't see any point in continuing, the round felt like we had gone 4 steps backwards!! to say I was disappointed would have been an understatement, Maisy on the other hand was oblivious to any wrong doing and happily played with her lead!! I decided to go straight into the 1-4 NBC jumping class, it was the same judge as last week so the course was set at the higher end which normally would not be an issue! again although Maisy was listening she took a pole and then entered the weaves at the 2nd pole! so all that was left was the grade 1 jumping. The sun was shining with not a cloud to be seen I was drawn 65th and the judge had said the first 30 dogs before lunch so I decided to watch those 30 dogs to get a feel for where they made mistakes, then I noticed there were no dogs on the line so managed to get Maisy in early, I'm not sure what happened I probably rushed her from the car to the line too quickly although I had made sure she had a quick stretch and the toilet! still we arrived at the line and the start went well then she took the pole before the weaves and again entered the 2nd weave! she continued the remainder of the round well and I even managed to get my Pre-curve in before the last line of jumps to the finish. Another day with no clears! I will admit I came home very despondent, no matter how well I seem to do in training I just cant get it together at shows, I do feel I let my dog down although in reality Maisy couldn't care less, we have a great relationship and yesterday afternoon proved that as I managed an hour sunbathing in the garden while the dogs were playing in the water, all the time Maisy was sleeping by my side in the shade of my chair, so next weekend we do it all again, this time Amy will be with me to keep things in perspective and I will try to remember I do this for fun, no pressure.

No comments: