Monday 28 March 2011

4 Way Match

Yesterday Ellen & I attended our clubs 4 way match, this was our first 3-5 course so on the way we had been imagining all sorts of trappy things, but actually the courses were really nice. Rupert had also been allowed to take part NFC and on medium so this would be a really good test of where we are in terms of competition work. First was the agility, and the first problem I had was that I was walking the course with Rupert in mind and was finding it difficult to get the course in my mind for running Maisy! this is something I'm going to have to work on. Ellen captured Ruperts round on video for me and I was really pleased with him, only taking a pole down on a tight turn and running past the long jump, but as we haven't done a lot of work on that I didn't mind at all, all his contacts were fabby. both Ellen and I managed to get ourselves E'd in this round, I think Hamish took the Tunnel and Maisy came out of the weaves because I ran the wrong side and she anticipated the next obstacle it all went to pot a bit after that BUT she got all 3 contacts really well so I was thrilled with her performance. Then we had a nice lunch break and walked the jumping course. I really tried to walk it for both dogs and I think I was a bit better, however I was E'd early on for not helping Maisy on a pull in making her back jump and again not giving her a chance to get the weave entry so she went in the 2nd but after that she worked the tricky bit with ease so again a really posotive round, and Hamish just couldnt get into the first weave giving him 5 faults but he got a place rosette and all important points for the team. Rupert was a little star again, I helped him with his pull in but not the weaves - Naughty Mummy! but he ran very well just getting a little confused at a tricky bit were I took my eye off the ball! and then finished with a lovely go on at the end. All in all we had a good day, and I think I am now looking forward to the season ahead!

No comments: