Monday 21 March 2011

Season Nearly here

The weather has really picked up this week so lots more training to get on with before the season really starts in a couple of weeks. Amy has now started to re-train Summers weaves and contacts, this is something that's difficult to do in a club environment as it takes time, and I must say little Summer is really enjoying playing the stop games on the contacts and being allowed to race as fast as she can through the swivel weaves, so hopefully she will bring the Cheekyness to the shows and show us what she can do.
Rupert has really started to blossom, I am so pleased with his progress, he's a real tryer. On Saturday afternoon we had another 2 hour group session with Toni Dawkins, this time we had been put in the 1-4 class and he really excelled, and yesterday we had our final training session with Jo, she was putting up some really tricky stuff, and again he didn't find any of it too difficult especially when I ran him like I run Maisy, but all of us including Jo where exhausted at the end!
Maisy has been brilliant recently, I know it's mainly down to my handling skills as Jo keeps telling me I'm getting much better, But Maisy is such an honest little dog and tries so hard to get it right but there is so little room for error on my part, this week because we were doing pretty much the same with both dogs it did dawn on me again just how fast she is, and Rupert isn't slow by any stretch of the imagination!
We have plenty of homework to be getting on with before Shuttleworth in 2 weeks, I have already entered Ruperts first shows in July which at the moment seems a long way off, but thats a good thing, it will give me a chance to run some of these grade 3-5 courses and set them up at home to try Rupert on before his debut!! HOW EXCITING.
I've attached a short video of Ruperts weaves, he has picked them up quickly and is quite fixated by them! a little more confidence work is needed, but on the whole for a 15 month old I think he is in just the right place with them.

No comments: