Thursday 3 March 2011

working hard

Last weekend Amy & I took Rupert and Summer to act as stooge dogs at the MBCC Breed assesment day, originally Amy was going to handle Rupert but he had other ideas and it worked out much better once I took the lead! he has turned into a real Mummy's boy, not that I'm complaining, after all it's me I want him to have eye's for in competition not Amy. So it's now transpired that I'll be treading the green carpet at Crufts in the breed ring! not something I cherish if I'm honest, I've never needed anyone elses opinion on how perfectly put together my dogs are, in my eye's they are perfect!
Summer will now be going in the junior handling class with Amy, and she's never looked so good, she's put on weight and her coat is very shiney so all we need now is a quick visit to Darian HQ tomorrow afternoon for a trim and we're ready for the off.
On the training front, Rupert now does upright weaves, still with the help of the guides on the first and last 2 poles, and after last week when he was beginning to show signs that his confidence has growm, this week he has been back on good form. Maisy has been brilliant too, last week although she was still very excited after waiting an hour in the car for her turn, managed some great jumping sequences and Summer seems to have started working for the whole class even if she is a little noisy to start with, so all in all we seem to be in a good place, we just need the season to start now. We are back with Jo on Sunday and I can't wait to show her how we have been getting on, I hope she's impressed :-)

No comments: