Thursday 29 January 2009

Bens Birthday

Well on Saturday 31st January it will be Ben, Ben's birthday, and the dilema is what do you buy the dog with everything?? I think anyone would be justified in saying both Amy's dog's are thoroughly spoilt, they have enough collars and leads between them to walk the inmates of Battersea dogs home. So Amy went off birthday shopping for the boy today, I can't wait to see what she brings home!
This weekend Jo is bringing her dogs and Paul & Sheila over for some team flyball training, I was hoping to have our new team shirts to show her but for some reason they seem to be stuck in customs!! fingers crossed they are ready for the Judging day on 14th Feb. lots of pics to follow.

Summer is loving her training at the moment, she get so excited when I put the other dogs away, I always start with a game of fetch with her tennis ball to really wind her up, she is so funny racing around the living room with her bottom tucked in, then I exchange the ball for her Dumbell and fingers crossed she is completing a near perfect retrieve, if I was going to be the slightest bit picky I would prefer a more solid hold, but from a judges perspective they would not be able to mark it as she appears to have a good grip, but I know she could do better! after a few goes she moves on to distance controll games, although this exercise is not required yet, it's a game Amy started with her at a very early age so just using it as a game to keep it in her head will be very useful for the future. after all that as a reward she gets to race upstairs to wake Amy up with lots of wet kisses - I think Amy loves that bit the most....

No comments: