Wednesday 14 January 2009

Starters Coming up


This week seems to be going so slowly, Walking the dogs this morning through a heavy frost towards an early morning sunrise through the mist was spectacular, Maisy and Dylan oblivious to the stunning veiw, just eagerly waiting another ball to be thrown far enough away to have a race was just what i needed to raise my spirits. I was a bit down after last weekends agility show, not with Maisy, as she really was listening, unfortunately I wasn't giving her clear enough signals, but I guess after having had such a succesful show at Moreton Morrel I think I had let myself expect a bit more - so a lesson is learnt. The week started with agility class on Monday night, Maisy was in one of her Mad moods and as soon as I realise this I should just get back into the car and go home!! may sound a bit drastic and there will be those among you who might think you just have to work through it - all I can say to you is, walk a day in my shoes with Maisy before you critisize!!! I love to watch people who have the luxury of running steady dogs thinking they can do a better job than the people who have highly strung dogs, the truth is you will never know the excitement they bring to our lives or the required skill needed to pull it all together, a skill I am yet to learn... however my highly strung girlie, is also very obedient and fortunately if anything a little too obsessed with my whearabouts which is why i struggle, the slightest body movement or a sloww or early command is all that's required to take her off course, we are learning together, having fun and have the determination to succeed (these may be famous last words LOL).

Summer and her Pal Kody (Mali-Mania) are racing at markfield on Saturday in a Flyball Starters competition, Kody has been training really well and the team have high hopes for him in 2009, Summer on the other hand has a lot to prove, at last Sunday's training she decided to sit by the car watching instead of joining in the action, Amy has always said Summer will NOT be a flyball dog, and she may well be correct, but we have decided to see how she goes when she is on her own without the distraction from the rest of the pack, if she still refuses to take part then we won't push her, she has proven that she loves the one to one interaction she gets from obedience and that's what Amy loves too, they had a great first agility show last weekend which is something Amy will continue to dabble with in her own time - just how it should be, no pressure just a girl enjoying her dog.

I have an agility lesson with Yvonne again on 24th Jan, Amy is comming to video this time, I can't wait for lighter evenings and a bit more spare time at the weekends to practice at home, I have plenty to do if I'm going to catch Kathryn and Jess up, would't that be nice winning into grade 2!!!! still you gotta have goals.

No comments: