Saturday 24 January 2009

Training Cancelled!


Unfortunatly Yvonne had to cancel training this morning due to a severe ground frost. I took the opporunity to paint my A Frame, Amy had decided on Flamingo Pink!! no suprises there really.. I must admit it looks really great. I took all my equipment to the paddock this morning and trained Maisy's weave entrances, I did one of Lee's execises and set 2 jumps up at angles facing the weaves, Maisy worked really well and was even taking very sharp angled entrances in her stride, I also practiced directional commands and it seemed Maisy needed reminding what "Right" meant, I want her to take the turn even if I am on the other side which would normally turn her the other way, I have learnt that I still need to give her some body signals to help her decision making, even if it is just a turn of my shoulder. I shall take her up again tomorrow after my classes, I wish the evenings were brighter, I might try to get down ther before work a couple of mornings this week too.

No comments: