Monday 4 May 2009

bank holiday weekend


Darian day was a great success, Sheila and Hills managed to put on a great event. Luckily I was on hand to help the men errect the various tents etc.. But it was a great day and so nice to see all the Darian owners enjoying their dogs, I particuarly enjoyed the flyball in the afternoon, everyone joined in and we really saw some dashing Darians in action.

Amy missed the morning events due to being at Rugby obedience show, Summer was a star and worked her socks of to Amy's delight, I have to say Summer has really come into her own in the past few months the teamwork is a joy to watch, They have a crufts qualifier next weekend so we will keep our fingers crossed for a good result.

Today Clare and I travelled to Newbury for Vine agility, Maisy had a nice jumping round with just 5 faults in the weaves and an ok agility round, but a bit more contact training needed, b ut I did manage a difficult cross which was encouraging, I know that clear won't be far off now, but I must keep cool in the ring as it really makes a big difference. Charlie came away with 3 really nice clears, he is a really cheeky chappie, we had some lovely cuddles waiting for his run, little monkey. Jo had a fantastic agility round with ronny coming 2nd, he was steaming around the olympia qualifier when he very unfortunately crashed into the weaves, however Keisha came up trumps with a fabby clear I'm still waiting to see if they qualified... I hope so as I would love a trip to olympia.

Ellen and Hamish had a 2nd in agility on Sunday, I must say the video on their blog is brilliant, Hamish looks on really good form, come on little man, lets get that win. and Crafty and Anne had another clear, people keep telling me it was their first but actually it's the 2nd because I was their for the first earlier this year, but really I am so pleased for them, you see what a bit of confidence will do for you.

No comments: