Wednesday 27 May 2009

What a weekend


Well another weekend of ups and DOWNS.. to start the weekend off Friday was Amy's Birthday so after a lovely home cooked meal we spent a few hours in the pub celebrating. Luckily we had Saturday off to recover! Ellen and I did some training in preparation for Packington, which was good as I felt i had started to see where I was going wrong with my handling. I was really pleased with Maisy on Sunday as although there were still plenty of mistakes she was really listening and I didn't get the out of control feeling once, on Monday I really felt I was letting her down, Maisy has really upped her game now and I just couldn't keep up, I had a bit of a wobble but was really lucky to have Jo to talk me round and ended up running a brilliant 1-7 Helta Skelta not the easiest of rounds but by some miracle I managed to take control and we came out with 5 faults for the weaves, I think over the whole weekend Maisy only took a few poles down so a HUGE thank you to Jo for her wise words.
I can't remember how everyone else got on but I can say I saw lots of rosettes being flashed around and i know Ellen got a third in her jumping class and has a lovely trophy to show for her efforts.

This weekend we are at Derby for agility and have a YKC flyball qualifier at Hatchford Brook, fingers are firmly crossed for a Crufts ticket!!
Finally Happy Birthday to Kathryn for Yesterday, I hope you had a day of thorough spoiling from Ian and the poochesXX

No comments: