Wednesday 20 May 2009

Reactive People!!

Today I have a Bee in my bonnet!! I hate the way that some people insist on using labels for their dogs instead of dealing with issues and working through them, asking for help and listening to advice given. All too often owners grasp onto one way of thinking blocking out reason. Dogs are NOT Humans.. they are pack animals and if we as pack leader show the way with conviction our K9 partners will willingly follow. How, in a litter of 9 innocent babies can one become "reactive" thus making the breeding questionable? my answer is - In a household with 2 dogs both who have "issues" surely this must make the handling, training questionable, not the dogs breeding?? A little information makes some people belive they have all the answers, with animals we never have all the answers, if in doubt ask for help take on board good advice and discard all the rubbish, there will be plenty of it, and some from people who really should know better.
The person responsible for this rant will know who they are if they read my blog, dissapointed doesn't even begin to cover how I feel about the comments which I have read today. I didn't post a comment on your blog as I know you have trainees who probably think you have all the answers - clearly you do not.

No comments: