Tuesday 2 June 2009

Qualifiers ans all sorts..


Firstly I have to congratulate the Brickyard Babies on Qualifying for the flyball at Crufts 2010, they managed to win every race in super style, you really looked polished in the ring well done. not forgetting Ben who ran Maisy, Ben has never done flyball before and was thrown in at the deep end, but proved what a Star he is.

Sunday Clare and I met up with Kathryn & Ian at PADS in Derbyshire for Agility - Maisy was a bit manic in the first round so I decided to really work her contacts in the next, unfortunately the judge took exception to my training in the ring!! which actually is understandable, if we all did it the day would go on forever! but it was a good exercise as in the next class she held her contacts really nicely coming out with a few poles here and there, lastly was a nice jumping course which again we had a few poles and 5 at the weaves.

Jo has agreed to come over once a week to give me a bit of handling help, Ronny has a similar style to Maisy so she really understands the issues I keep having. Last night she set up some tricky jumping sequences which in the past would have left both Maisy & I going mad, Jo really helped me to use my arms in the right way to get some really nice results, we rounded up with a small course which was really fun, she left me with some homework which will hopefully help me for Sundays competition. Lastly I have decided to lay of alcohol for the rest of June!!!!! I know!!! OMG.. but I need to get fitter if i'm going to help Maisy get her clear, she really deserves it so lets see how it goes.

2 comments:

dyanna said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.

Sadler Dogs said...

I'm pleased you like it